Tonghorn Trading Limited’s history dates back to 1876 when its predecessors set up a small gold shop in the Fujian Province of China.
Tonghorn’s predecessors arrived in Hong Kong in the year 1956 and ventured out of Hong Kong in 1964 when it first registered in Tokyo Japan. Its main focus was on the trading of pearls, jade, as well as jewelleries, primarily on wholesale to the local retailers in Japan. To capture the booming market of Asia, it opened an office in Hong Kong in 1966 at the Old Entertainment Building, Central. This was also the time the company started to trade color stones and diamonds and subsequently moved to Luk Hoi Tong Building, Central. In 1979, Tonghorn established a diamond appraisal laboratory which provided quality reports and appraisal work services for banks and financial institutions.
In 1987, the company established its jewelry factory in Singapore, with a view to reach out to Pan-Asia clients in the Middle East as well as South East Asia. In 1995, the company opened its jewelry retail stores through our subsidiary, KELEO®, in the Duty Free Shops at the Philippines, as well as outlets at Manila International Airport.
Tonghorn’s Hong Kong office relocated to Wings Building, Central in 1997 when the Luk Hoi Tong Building redevelopment project was announced. Over the years many things have changed but the tradition of fine craftsmanship and professional integrity have remained. The old fashioned gold pieces had since developed into a diversified collection ranging from loose diamonds, colored stones and pearls to jewelry designs and manufacturing of all kinds.